Whoa, hi, long time no see. It has been a busy couple of months since my last post, I apologize. So this is what's been going on:
(1) the music I orchestrated is finally being put into show format for the Virginia International Tattoo. I have heard from several of my fellow Marines that it will be an awesome show. I hope next year we can do something just as awesome, if not better (because we pulled it off this year). Both fortunately and unfortunately, I probably won't be able to actually attend the performances because my baby should be born right around then. There will be video, of course, so perhaps I'll throw a link up in the future.
(2) I took about a month hiatus from writing anything, to give my mind a little rest. Since then I have come back to bust out two new compositions, adapted an original brass quintet piece to concert band, adjusted some prior unfinished pieces almost to completion. Soon, there will be a total of five new pieces added to my website, Score Exchange, and Young Composers.
(3) I just bought Pro Tools 9 (yep, finally bit the bullet) so I'll be able to mix down more accurately my compositions to sound as natural (read: REAL) as possible. Sibelius produces some great sounds, and their product is getting better all the time, however, it's still basically a midi mockup. So, I'm taking it to the next level. It will take a while, but I'm going to go back and master ALL of my compositions. It'll be a long process, but it'll be worth it in the end.
(4) I'm slowly piecing together my home studio which will be all set to compose, record, master, and produce all of my music without any outside assistance (ideally, that's how I want my larger, commercial studio to operate as well). I got a sweet new desk to serve as my creative laboratory.
(5) My buddy Camp in Texas is still plugging my name to his former high school and current band to play some of my stuff. We'll see how that goes.
Anywho, that's about it. There will be updates soon to all the respective music services in which I use to broadcast my products.
(6) Oh, and sweet new business cards.